Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reference Love: Total Beauty - Nails

Total Beauty always has great articles!  THE BEST NAIL POLISH (BY FAR) IS ONLY $2

Sometimes the best rated, doesn't have to cost a fortune!  I had only 1 Sinful Colors polish that is a neon and wasn't the best to test out since most neon polishes are streaky to begin with and dry a really matte finish.  Picked up another bottle in Why Not from the 'Declare Your Style' Collection Bright to Basic category.  This bright, creamy blue went on fairly evenly with 1 coat and completely covered in 2 coats.  I used Butter's Nail Foundation Flawless Base Cot and P.D. Quick Topcoat.  Here is what my nails looked like after 1 week.  Sorry no photos of the initial manicure, but you get the idea.  I don't go easy with my hands, including washing the dishes without gloves.  Just feels too constricting sometimes or I feel like I don't have a good grip. 






Here are the usual products used: pure acetone to clean and prep using a lint free cloth, 1 coat Butter Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat, 2 coats of Sinful Colors' Why Not, 1 coat of Butter Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat and dried with Julep's Tada Quick Dry Drops.

Verdict?  I was impressed since I have been using higher priced polish the last few years and I didn't have the best experience with Sinful previously.  Will I buy anymore of this polish?  Maybe.  I have a ton of regular nail polish and would like to pick up more gel polishes and do those manicures more often.

Cost: $1.99 @ Walgreen's

Pros:
-CHEAP!
-Variety of colors and finishes

Cons:
-Can be difficult to locate certain colors
-Some colors may not be as long wearing

Think Dirty Rating:

Would I recommend this to a friend?  :\ After seeing the rating of how dirty it is, I would say use your own discretion.  The two ingredients that are listed the dirtiest are Benzophenone-1 (potential endocrine disruptor) and N-Butyl Alcohol (organ system toxicity).

I have galpals that swear by this polish and have quite a few bottles in their collection.  For $1.99, its not much to spend to add some fun colors to your collection.  I would pair this with a good base coat and top coat for a lasting manicure.  


No comments: